With a constantly evolving crypto landscape, it’s imperative that we keep the growing Rebus community up to date, allowing everyone to understand the reasoning behind how and why we make our decisions.
The short of it is this: our mission is to bring more financial power and flexibility to individuals through simplified DeFi access and utility. After considering voluminous feedback from the community, we have modified our launch plans to maximize participation and ensure our goals and values are intact.
The month of September is important for Rebuschain as we move forward with our airdrop, mainnet, and PCD. Here’s all you need to know regarding the upcoming events.
- Airdrop on September 15th, 2022.
- Public Coin Distribution (PCD) via LBP on September 27–30th, 2022.
- Rewards and Trading will be enabled on October 1st, 2022.
- Governance reset back to the standard time frame.
Airdrop on September 15th, 2022. Why before LBP?
Commonly, Liquidity Bootstrap Pools (LBPs) launch before Airdrops, but we have strategic reasons for reversing this order and believe other projects may follow suit:
- Better for Your Taxes — In most jurisdictions, receiving an airdrop before an LBP will avoid a taxable event. At the time of distribution, the token will have no value; therefore, taxes will be calculated (and due) at the time of the sale of the token by its owner, providing complete control over this schedule.
- Platform Growth — We believe having the airdrop first will motivate more users to participate in the Public Coin Distribution (PCD).
- Fairness — To be fair to LBP participants in this new order of airdrop then LBP, a few functions will be blocked upon Mainnet launch. Specifically, rewards and trading will not be enabled as it would be unfair to LBP participants if Airdrop users, founders, and investors received a large amount of the rewards before the LPB launch.
- Important Note — Governance will be set to 12 hours at launch so that the features that are disabled at launch can be quickly enabled.
Public Coin Distribution via LBP on September 27–30th, 2022.
- The PCD will be voted on and launched using governance so that the community can approve funding for the LBP.
- We are also doing this since voting is one of the tasks for collecting tokens from the airdrop. This will allow airdrop users to continue accruing their rewards.
Rewards and Trading will be enabled on October 1st, 2022.
- Once the LBP is over, we will enable Reward and Trading via governance.
- Again, the community will vote for the network to start fully functioning.
- This will allow everyone with tokens to participate at the same time in the rewards and start trading if they wish to do so.
Governance reset to the standard time frame.
- Once all features of the blockchain have been enabled, we will set governance back to the standard timeframe of four days.
If you have any questions or queries, our team is always ready to assist you via our active Discord or Telegram. You can find the links below.
-The Rebus Team
Learn more about Rebus